ILLUMINATING THE WAY
The Point Fermin Lighthouse Society welcomes you to our site.
The Point Fermin Lighthouse Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt educational organization dedicated to the history and preservation of the Point Fermin Lighthouse in San Pedro, California.
The Point Fermin Lighthouse Society was originally formed in the 1960’s by local residents William Olsen and John Olguin. At that time, the Society was known as the Point Fermin Lighthouse Committee. In 1974, the Committee changed its name to the Point Fermin Lighthouse Association.
The Society has been instrumental in restoration and preservation projects, educational programs, and volunteer recruitment.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND EVENTS
Temporary Lighthouse Closure
The Department of Recreation and Parks in following the directive of the Mayor has called for a closure of all of its buildings to the public until further notice.
Lighthouse buildings and grounds will be closed to the public and we will not be conducting any tours or events at the facility.
December 15, 1874
Point Fermin Lighthouse Society
P.O. Box 742
San Pedro, CA 90733
Point Fermin Lighthouse
Historic Site and Museum
807 W. Paseo Del Mar
San Pedro, CA 90731
Phone (310) 241-0684